At Proshop there is the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini for €79.90 and on top of that there is a €14 voucher for your next purchase! Review, Specs, Price & Manual below:
Highlights of the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini:
- 15 days term
- 126 sports modes
- Alexa voice assistant
Many of you have asked for a review of the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini and of course you will get it! We really liked the predecessor, the Amazfit GTS 2 Mini, in the test, but there was no GTS 3 Mini. But even the GTS 4 Mini as a direct successor does some things better than the GTS 2 Mini. For 84€ you get a stylish design, a high-quality display, improved battery life and much more.
Amazfit Gts 4 Mini Review, Specs, Price & Manual
- Specifications of the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini
|screen||1.65″ AMOLED, 336 x 384p, 309ppi|
|housing material||Aluminum alloy + plastic|
|Colors||Midnight Black, Flamingo Pink, Mint Blue, Moonlight White|
|battery pack||270 mAh, 15 days run time|
|connectivity||Bluetooth 5.2 BLE, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, BeiDou|
|features||126 sports modes, heart rate/blood oxygen saturation/stress level monitoring, sleep tracking|
|sensors||BioTracker™ 3.0 PPG biometric sensor, accelerometer, compass, ambient light sensor, Alexa|
|OS Compatibility||Android 7.0 and above, iOS 12.0 and above|
|water resistance||ATM 5|
|Dimensions | band | Weight||41.8 x 36.66 x 9.1mm | 20mm | 19g without strap|
Appearances are deceptive
What I noticed even before turning on the watch for the first time is the weight of the GTS 4 Mini. I was amazed at how light as a feather it is. It weighs about 31g with the strap and a measly 19g without the strap. It is also 41.8mm long, 36.66mm wide and 9.1mm high. On the whole, of course, this makes them very comfortable to wear when doing sports.
However, I have to say at this point that I don’t really like the lightness, because the 12g heavy silicone bracelet makes a low-quality impression on me when I put it on and take it off. This could also be due to the fact that the bracelet wobbles slightly back and forth. The watch, or rather the silicone straps, are available in black, white, blue and pink. I tested the black variant.
The situation is different with the heart, which weighs 19g, at least from a purely visual point of view. The 1.65″ AMOLED display has a resolution of 336 x 384 pixels and, as is usual with Amazfit, delivers a high-quality screen experience. It’s nice and bright and strong, even in sunlight. The touchscreen is protected by glass and an anti-fingerprint coating, but there is also a function button on the side for operation.
In fact, there were rarely fingerprints and if they did, they could be easily wiped away and the function key also had a pleasant pressure point. In addition, the AMOLED display allows for a variety of watch faces , including individual ones and an always -on display. In terms of feel, the aluminum frame and the plastic back of the center piece also leave an equally inferior impression, even though the display is processed remarkably clean.
The refresh rate is as high as you would expect in this price segment. Especially after my test of the GTR 4 I noticed that it is much lower but still absolutely acceptable. Even if it differs little or not at all from its predecessor in terms of design, I also really like the design. It looks classy & chic for my taste , but to be fair, that could also be due to the similarity to an Apple Watch.
The only thing I would complain about is the thick edge. This is usually not noticeable with the many black backgrounds. The AMOLED panel is responsible for this, which does not illuminate the individual pixels in the background, so that they are actually not in operation and are therefore black. Ultimately, this leads to the fact that the transition between the digital black and the black edge is not recognized at all.
With a water resistance of 5ATM, showering was no problem for the watch, but regular swimming shouldn’t harm it either. In the beginning, when showering, the watch often reacted to drops of water, which led to incorrect entries. However, the screen lock mode quickly helped.
Where is the benefit in everyday life?
You cannot make contactless payments with the GTS 4 Mini due to the lack of NFC connectivity. And it’s also not possible to make phone calls with the watch. After all, you can react to SMS on an Android device with preset but also individualized quick replies. As far as WhatsApp is concerned: You can get WhatsApp messages, but you ca n’t call up recordings or voice messages. There is also no answer option independent of iOS/Android.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t listen to music with the GTS 4 Mini. After all, it doesn’t have a speaker, so even with voice control, answers are spit out in text form. Speaking of voice control, this works via Alexa and is correspondingly reliable. Whether it’s the nearest restaurant or a recipe for spaghetti bolognese, Alexa responds in seconds. A very valuable feature of the watch in my opinion.
In turn, the music application on the watch allows you to pause/resume the music playing on the smartphone, as well as skip to the previous/next song and adjust the volume. Unfortunately, it is not possible to jump to a certain point in the current song. I tested the function on the treadmill and unfortunately I have to say that it only works sparingly. Often the watch does not even recognize that music is being played or does not respond to inputs even after repeated taps.
The BioTracker 3.0 PPG sensor, which consists of two photodiodes and LEDs, is located on the underside . It not only measures heart rate, blood oxygen saturation and stress level, but also everything at once, which, like the GTR 3 Pro, takes 45 seconds. There are also breathing exercises, cycle tracking and, with SomnusCare, revised sleep tracking. This analyzes the sleep quality, divides your sleep into different phases and also takes naps into account.
Unfortunately, when testing the measurement methods, I came across data that was suspected to be inaccurate. For example, I had my heart rate/stress level measured with a noticeably increased heart rate or when I was very stressed and the values displayed were very calm. My sleep was tracked precisely in terms of time and the individual sleep phases were clearly displayed.
It is of course difficult to say from my situation how much the information about individual sleep phases is scientifically founded or corresponds to the truth. Otherwise, various standard functions such as timer (vibration), weather and notifications await you.
How long does the battery of the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini last?
According to the manufacturer, the 270 mAh battery should last up to 15 days with typical use. In my case, that didn’t quite work out. On maximum settings I actually recorded a daily battery consumption of over 25% on average, so that I had to recharge it after 4 days at the latest.
When I then lowered the settings a bit, i.e. switched off the always-on display and the automatic heart, stress and blood oxygen monitoring, it was 10-15% again. In my experience, even with typical use, you get about 10 days. But the charging went very quickly, in about 2 hourswas it again from 0 to 100.
What can ZeppOS and the Zepp app do?
The operating system of the watch is, as usual, ZeppOS. And with that come the usual problems, especially the closed nature of the system. After all, the Zepp App Store offers only a few installable apps, many of which are useless in my opinion.
However, one or the other needle can be found in a haystack, such as the calculator app.
As with the GTR 4, I swam on the treadmill for an hour to test the various sport modes. This time, too, the watch showed me completely different data than the treadmill, namely far less distance and calories burned. I trust the treadmill more in view of the intended purpose. Accordingly, I suspect that I received inaccurate data from the watch that differ greatly from reality and are therefore not usable.
To prevent any back problems in my office job, I also went running during my lunch break in the small town of Leverkusen. The otherwise modest GPS of the Amazfit devices worked surprisingly precisely and roughly mapped my running route.
Now we come to the digital heart of the watch, namely the Zepp app. Of course, this has not changed compared to previous tests and was easy to use as usual. Health-related data such as step, sleep and heart rate data etc. are displayed on the start page. Among other things, the desired target values can be stored in the middle tab “Health” and in the last tab “Profile” you can then press on the connected smartwatch, where the settings are then revealed. Downloading apps, for example, is only possible via the Zepp app.
Conclusion: Is the Amazfit GTS 4 Mini worth it?
In honor of the really affordable price, the GTS 4 Mini offers no real reason to buy in my opinion. It does have a qualitative display, but the BioTracker probably measures inaccurately and the smart functions are limited to a minimum in my opinion.
I have to give it credit for being easy to use, comes with a solid GPS, and makes a really good accessory. So who values a nice look and a decent portfolio of functionsshould be satisfied with the watch. Otherwise, I would recommend the Huawei Watch Fit 2, which is a little more expensive, but has a longer battery life and much more precise sports tracking.
Amazfit Gts 4 Mini Manual
Amazfit GTS 4 mini
01 Package Contents
Smartwatch with band × 1 Charging base × 1 Instruction Manual × 1
02 About the Watch
Note: Press and hold the power button to turn on the watch. If the watch cannot be turned on, please charge it and then try again.
03 Pairing the Watch
- Use your mobile phone to scan the QR code on the right side to download and install the app, or search for the app in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and then download and install the the latest version of the app.
- Open the app, register an account and log in.
- Pair the watch as prompted by the app.
- For better user experience, please use the most recent version of the app.
- The operating system needs to be Android 7.0, iOS 12.0, or above.
- Do not pair the watch directly using your mobile phone’s Bluetooth. Follow the steps in the app to pair your watch correctly.
04 Charging the Watch
- Connect the watch’s charging cable to a power adapter or a computer’s USB port.
- Put the watch into the charging base. Pay attention to the direction and position of the watch, and make sure that the metal contacts on the back of the watch fit closely with the charging base.
- When charging starts, the watch screen displays the charging progress.
- Please use the charging base that comes with the watch.
Make sure that the charging base is dry before charging.
- Please use a 1A or above power adapter.
05 Disassembling and Assembling the Watch Strap
Please refer to the illustrations to disassemble or assemble the watch strap.
Note: Once the strap is assembled, pull the strap properly to ensure it is installed successfully.
06 Wearing the Watch
- Wear the watch strap neither too tight nor too loose, and leave enough space for the skin to breathe. This makes you feel comfortable and allows the sensor to function.
- When measuring blood oxygen saturation, wear the watch correctly. Avoid wearing the watch on the wrist joint, keep your arm flat, maintain comfortable (appropriately tight) fitting between the watch and the skin of your wrist, and keep your arm still throughout the measurement process. When affected by external factors (arm sag, arm sway, arm hair, tattoo, etc.), the measurement result may be inaccurate or the measurement may fail and provide no output.
- We recommend that you tighten the watch strap during workout and loosen it afterwards.
07 Basic Parameters
Product Name: Smart Watch
Product model: A2176
Input: DC 5 V 500 mA MAX
Bluetooth version: BLE V5.2 BLE output power: <5 dBm
Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C
Water resistance rating: 5 ATM
Bluetooth frequency: 2402–2480 MHz
View product certification information on the watch’s Settings > System > Regulation page.
Device requirements: Devices installed with Android 7.0 or iOS 12.0 or above OS versions
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Anhui Huami Information Technology Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
08 Battery Safety
- This device is equipped with a built-in battery that cannot be removed or replaced. Do not disassemble or modify the battery by yourself.
- Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting of a battery, that can result in an explosion.
- Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
4.A battery subjected to extremely low air pressure may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
09 Safety Notice
- Do not allow children or pets to bite or swallow the product or its accessories, as this may cause injury.
- Do not place this product under excessively high or low temperatures, which may cause the product to catch fire or explode.
- Do not place this product near heat sources or open flame, such as ovens and electric heaters.
- Some people may experience allergic skin reactions to plastics, leathers, fibers, and other materials, and symptoms such as redness, swelling, and inflammation will occur after long-term contact with this product’s components. If you experience such symptoms, please discontinue use and consult your doctor.
5. Do not use unauthorized or incompatible power adapters or data cables, which may damage the watch and accessories, or cause fire, explosion, or other hazards.
6. The radio waves generated by this product may affect the normal operation of implanted medical devices or personal medical devices, such as pacemakers and hearing aids. If you use any such medical devices, consult the manufacturer for relevant usage restrictions.
- Do not dispose of this device or its accessories as ordinary household waste. Please make sure you dispose of or recycle this device and its accessories in accordance with local laws and regulations.
10 Repair and Maintenance /
- Avoid using detergents such as soap, hand sanitizer, bath foam, or lotion for cleaning to prevent chemical residues from irritating the skin, corroding the device, or degrading the water resistance of the device.
- After wearing the device while bathing (for devices that support bathing), swimming (for devices that support swimming), or sweating, please promptly clean and dry the device.
- The leather strap is not waterproof. Avoid getting the strap wet, as this may shorten its service life.
- When using light-colored watch straps, avoid contact with dark clothing to prevent staining.
- Do not place the device in direct sunlight for long periods. Excessively high or low ambient temperature may cause device failure.
6.Do not wear your watch during snorkeling, hot showers, hot springs, saunas (steam rooms), diving, underwater diving, water skiing, and other activities involving high-speed water currents.
- Handle with care during transportation. Keep the device dry and away from humidity.
Please check the FAQ on the website: https://support.amazfit.com/en.
If the product is not in use for a long period of time, it is recommended that you power off the product before storing it. Recharge the battery every 6 months to 100% to prevent battery damage by over-discharge due to long-term storage.
12 Warranty and Return Policy
The Amazfit Limited Warranty covers Amazfit products against manufacturing defects beginning on the original purchase date. The warranty period is 12 months or another specified period as the applicable consumer laws in the consumer’s country of purchase require. Our warranty is in addition to rights provided by applicable consumer laws.
Official website: en.amazfit.com
Support: support.amazfit.com/en Amazfit Gts 4 Mini Manual / Review video below: